Marijuana Information - Ten Stunning Truths About Marijuana Medicine
1. Healthcare professionals are in favor of medical marijuana.
In a survey of Medscape, an online community for docs and nurses, it was discovered that three out of 4 doctors and nine out of 10 nurses favor decriminalization of marijuana for medical use.
2. The overwhelming majority of medical marijuana prescriptions are for life-threatening conditions.
Many individuals think the medical marijuana motion is an excuse for stoners to get authorized weed, but in keeping with the Los Angeles Hashish Useful resource Center, ninety% of MMJ prescriptions are for AIDS or cancer.
3. Marijuana has a neurochemical effect on pain.
A Nationwide Institute of Mental Health study has shown that moderately than just "relaxing" a pain affected person or "intoxicating" them, the psychoactive ingredients in marijuana suppress the transmission of pain indicators in the brain.
4. Pot can be utilized medicinally to treat psychological health disorders.
Many people consider weed as a medicine for glaucoma and ache, however it's also permitted in numerous jurisdictions to treat mental disorders as assorted as Tourette's, depression, nervousness disorders, and even anorexia and bulimia.
5. Medical marijuana can be stored with out shedding its potency for as much as 60 months.
The National Institute on Drug Abuse carried out a research that proved that medical-grade pot could be stored at freezing temperatures for up to 60 months with out shedding any potency.
6. Medical pot might reduce the number of medicine-associated deaths by 1,000 or more each year.
The FDA lately launched a report that shows that 17 medication used for symptoms starting from nausea to pain (which might be replaced with medical MJ) were accountable for 10,000+ deaths between 1997 and 2.05, at a price of about 1,000 a year.
7. The College of Mississippi has been growing medical hashish for over forty years.
The US government has an extended-standing contract with Ole Miss to develop a variety of Mail order marijuana in Calgary Alberta Canada products for medical research. Annually since 1968, researchers at Ole Miss have been growing between 1.5 and 6.5 acres of medical MJ.
8. Legal medical marijuana appears to reduce illegal marijuana use amongst teens.
The Substance Abuse and Mental Well being Providers Administration has discovered that in eight of the ten states with authorized medical pot laws, illegal use among youngsters has dropped a median of three percent.
9. Smoking grass might reduce your chances of contracting lung cancer.
Regardless of claims to the contrary, an in-depth examine at UCLA discovered no association between smoking pot and contracting lung cancer, claiming as an alternative that marijuana "may have some protective effect."
10. Ganja can enhance the immune system.
Is there something weed cannot do? Dr. Donald Abrams found in a study revealed in Annals of Inner Medicine that medical marijuana sufferers had "improved immune operate" compared with patients who acquired a placebo.